The building combines modern architecture, a superb Grade A specification, and an intelligent, practical approach to energy efficiency and renewable energy technology.
Beaufort Park is a low carbon development with a Percentage Reduction Commitment of 52%
This impressive figure is achieved through:
- Vertical projecting glass fins and deep overhanging eaves control heat gain and provide shading and solar protection.
- The building envelope air tightness (2.63m2) is a staggering 70% improvement on current building regulations and a 25% improvement on current British Council for offices guidelines.
- The use of a sustainable urban drainage system.
- The provision of covered cycle storage and showers.
- Very good BREEAM rating (60.31%).
- Grade B (29) Energy Performance Certificate.
- Extremely efficient VRV air conditioning plant using solar heat absorbed by the east and west facades to heat parts of the building.
- The utilisation of air source heat pumps generating in excess of 20% renewable energy.
- Lighting management systems with presence/ daylight detection and timer controls.